Wednesday, September 29, 2004

The stupid 80's I love

Here's the deal. I have been wanting to buy a keytar for upwards of two years but have been unsuccessful. Usually I just bit on them on ebay and forget about the auction later that night.. I need a keytar for three reasons:

1. I want to start a hardcore avant-garde new wave band to fill some space in between the like 5 bands consisting of either Joe day, Groen, Aj, tom, or Jake.
2. Because they are sweet and I have dreamed of owning one ever since Jessie Spano played one on saved by the bell.
3. So I don't have to sing I need to play and instrument at church youth nights. The keyar is truly inspired by god.

Sadly however, my dream may never come true. Now that the 80's are the cool thing its impossible to buy one on ebay. The prices have gone up twofold! Why can't some stupid decade like the 1630's be cool?


14 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger J0hn said...

yeah davey... you would think with your connections (bridge of harmony) you could find one.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I can't remember if I told anybody this or not, but I really seriously hate Bridge of Harmony

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger driller. said...

i thought that was music general. what did the bridge do?

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger J0hn said...

he hates everything

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger hannah said...

stop the presses:
1630 isn't cool anymore?
dang man.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Actually, I don't like either

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger driller. said...

i forgot the story

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger driller. said...

i never said anything of the sort

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Yeah, you did. I was like "I hate Bridge of Harmony" and then you told me a story about how Christine's dad could be intimidating or something. I don't remember.

Anyway, I was in there yesterday afternoon and I was playing an acoustic guitar and this guy walks over and goes, "Can I help you?" and stares at me and Erik for like 25 minutes because he thinks we don't get the fucking point that he wants us to leave.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger driller. said...

i did say that.

and they only look at you like that because all teenagers steal and break things, duh.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Yeah, but I am more of a breaker than a stealer

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jason said...

are you kidding? in 1630s winthrop and his gang set sail for america. whats cooler than a decade of puritans and puritanity. ? gimme a indian-stump-bongo or whatever the cool musical instrument was at the time and i'll give you another rousing rendition of Sweet Caroline. even raz loved that one. it freaked me out when he grabbed me in the hall to tell me i sang well.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Did I tell you that much of that will be on the WU on Friday?

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Tom said...

all i want to say is this "Jason Houle is my hero" because of his amazing singing abilities, his awareness of his amazing singing abilities, and his skills in magic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home